Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Good bye February

Rats!  I was routing for my grandson's favorite team the Patriots!  but the Giants won the superbowl 21 to 17      It was a very exciting game! 

3rd in Milford Middle School
My grandson Jon came in 3rd in his school in the spelling bee CONGRATULATION JONNY!

The family all got to together to celebrate Catarina's 4th birthday we took lots of photos and Uncle Chris made us a delicious dinner!  The kids had a lot of fun with the kareoke machine!    
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL


Bruce and I had a great time at the GARDEN SHOW EXPO in Harrisburg. We got a lot of good ideas for the garden.  My favorite display was a row boat made into a pond!  Our garden project for 2012!


Had a great time at all my classes this month Hypertufa planter, Vegetable gardening, yoga, oil painting and my SLR camera course.  I shot in manual mode for the first time this month.  Here's a phto of my valentine's gift from Bruce that I shot for a class assignment.




Still haven't finished Cheaspeake by James Mitchener, read a few chapters.

Birds at my feeder this month are:  cardinals, titmice, chickadees, goldfinch, house finch, white-throated sparrows, song sparrows, carolina wren, juncos, common grackles, red-winged blackbirds, hairy woodpeckers, pigeons, mourning doves, & starlings.

Eurasian Wigeon
For our anniversary Bruce and I spent the day birding in search of some rarities in the area.  We were lucky enough to find the Virginia's Warbler at Pickering Creek in Easton and the Eurasian Wigeon behind the Holiday Inn at Kent Narrows.   

My favorites this month were:

Movies: Abduction, Dont be Afraid of the Dark, the Rum Diaries, Drive also saw Mirror, Mirror; and the Beginners!  congrats to Christopher Plummer for best supporting actor!

TV Shows: downtown Abbey, JudgeJudy, Fashion Police (although I think Stacy Keebler should have been best dressed at the Oscars NO CONTEST!), Housewives of Beverly Hills, Antique Roadshow, the Oscars and Jersey Shore

In the kitchen this month I made:  BBQ beans & sausage, chicken dumpling soup, Broccoli pear salad, vegetable lasagne and lemon salmon fettucine  Yum Yum

Our big purchase this month was our 27" Samsung flat screen monitor!   Love it and my GALAXY NOTE cell phone LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!


Hope everyone had a wonderful month!! 
I WISH U LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment